Spring Beauty Guide + Nordstrom Trend Show

Every New York Fashion Week, Nordstrom goes backstage to assess the biggest beauty trends and then brings this intel back for customers at the retailer’s Spring Beauty Trend Event. I’ve been to several over the years and they’re so much fun—what’s not to love about getting to see all of the season’s freshest trends up-close along with insider tips, runway shows, free samples, mini makeovers and demos, and GWPs?! You know you need to stock up on bronzer and sunblock anyway! And it’s FREE! To find and RSVP to a Nordstrom Beauty Trend Event near you, click here. For a sneak-peek of all the trends, click here (hint: It’s all about luminous skin and hi-definition lips).

To whet your whistle, I’ve rounded up some of my own picks for spring below, all available at Nordstrom! 

Clockwise:  R+Co Skyline Dry Shampoo Powder ($36) – when the weather heats up, you need to up your dry shampoo game. Powder formulas like R+Co’s work overtime, especially when shaken in at the roots before bed! // Shiffa Jade Roller ($63) – Old as time yet suddenly all the rage, jade rollers stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness and impart a natural glow. Jade is a healing stone and a symbol of purity and tranquility. I like to use them to apply my serum or a mask, to really help it absorb. // Kypris Antioxidant Dew ($72) – My new favorite treatment product for A.M. this refreshing serum hydrates, protects, and perfects with 26 natural active ingredients. Layer it under your favorite moisturizer for all-day dewiness. // Charlotte Tilbury Unisex Healthy Glow ($40) – The self-tanner you’ve been waiting for! One part hydrating mask, one part facial faux glow, this genius lotion works wonders while you sleep.  // RMS Beauty Lip Shine ($25) – An oldie but goodie lipgloss pot that I rediscover every spring. Moisturizing, sheer yet stay-put, all-natural and in the most soft, beautiful hues. // Arcona The Solution Pads ($50) – Here come the sun spots . . . and there they go if you use these exfoliating pads a few times a week. They also give skin that smooth, taut texture that only a peel can do! // Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara ($31.50) – Now that I’m off eyelash extensions (sniff), I’ve been experimenting with every kind of mascara I can get my hands on. Including what’s in my sister-in-law’s makeup bag. She swears by Trish and it’s definitely one is the most lengthening, glossiest, smudge-proof formula I’ve tried—and never heard of. // NARS Sunwash Diffusing Bronzer ($40) – Across between a finishing powder and a bronzer, this newish invention from NARS is so light and lovely it’s made for bronzing beginners as well as this time of year when you don’t want to overdo it, snooki-style. // Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream ($22) – Sometimes, I just want to scrub my face. Like, really get in there. My roommate in college used this classic 20 years ago and a friend recently brought it along on a ski trip. Maybe it’s time I buy my own tube. // SuperGoop CC Cream ($32) – Trends come and go but CC cream is here to stay. This one’s my favorite of the bunch. Think of it as a tinted moisturizer with benefits—like SPF, a built-in primer, and pore smoothing skin diffusers.

 

Comments

Popular Posts